FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — NOVEMBER 15, 2022 — POSTERITYPAC.ORG
Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida is the indisputable favorite to become the Republican nominee for President in 2024. Across the first three Republican caucus and primary states (Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada), DeSantis leads Trump by 20% points overall. In New Hampshire, support for Governor DeSantis is nearly double that of former President Trump.
“After the decidedly lackluster performance of Republicans in the 2022 mid-term elections, it’s clear that the country is looking for fresh leadership and Governor DeSantis seems to be an obvious frontrunner.” said Emily Burns, member of the Board of Directors for Posterity PAC.
The poll was conducted for Posterity PAC on November 13-14 over mobile phone, targeting registered Republican voters in the states of Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada – the three crucial states which might very well decide the course of the 2024 Presidential Republican election.
Multiple-choice question: If the 2024 Presidential Primary were held today , who would you support?
- Iowa Republican Voters (n=729)
- Trump: 34%
- DeSantis: 59.1%
- Undecided: 6.9%
- New Hampshire Republican Voters (n=404)
- Trump: 31.2%
- DeSantis: 59.2%
- Undecided: 9.7%
- Nevada Republican Voters (n=849)
- Trump: 41.8%
- DeSantis: 53.1%
- Undecided: 5.1%
Overall, Governor DeSantis is favored by 20 percentage points above President Trump:
Cross-tabs for the respondents were available for age, gender, and HHI. Some highlights include:
- DeSantis received the approval of nearly 60% of the Republican voters who responded to our polls in both Iowa and New Hampshire, the first states to caucus and hold primaries.
- Overall, the gender gap is not pronounced with men and women about equally ready to jettison President Trump.
- Younger Republicans (aged 18-39) seem most ready to move on, noting their preference for Governor DeSantis at a rate of 2 to 1.
- Just 22% of younger female Republicans (aged 18-39) indicated their support for President Trump.
- By state, Nevadans (still in the throes of vote counting at the time of the poll) are more cautious about their turn to Governor DeSantis but the Florida rising star still garnered over half of their support.
- Older New Hampshire voters, a bastion of the Granite State, are all-in with DeSantis. 75% of these respondents chose the Florida Governor.
The country will have a crucial moment to choose a President who will uphold the pillars of our Constitutional Republic and ensure that the pursuit of happiness will not be suspended for any reason.
Posterity PAC was formed by concerned citizens in the wake of the stringent COVID-19 public health policies enacted by the federal government and perpetuated for nearly 3 years by state and local authorities. The PAC will take decisive action in the upcoming election and work to support candidates who show courage in the face of liberty-killing mandates which have hurt a generation of children.
email [email protected] for contact information.